March 8 is International Women’s Day, a global day for celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. With this year’s theme: “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow, ” we recognize that women and girls - are breaking barriers and achieving the impossible every single day. This includes climate change adaptation and response, environmental and disaster risk reduction, and many other global issues; and we honour their leadership and contribution towards a sustainable future.
Many women assume many roles – at home and in the workplace, juggling family and work, and a 2021 Women in the Workplace study showed that women are five times more likely to be responsible for most or all childcare and housework. More than a third said they spent five hours or more a day on those activities.
The study also added that while women, during the height of the pandemic, had been setting a new standard in leadership, they have also been increasingly more burned out. Stressed. Exhausted. Many seek higher pay and better hours or safer workplaces, but two years into the pandemic, fatigue and burnout are undeniable.
Can we then celebrate International Women’s Day not just to recognize our fellow great women who have made a mark in our lives, but also to recognize our own selves and do something/s as a reward? Here are 5 simple things to do today (and any day) to achieve a relaxed and healthier mind:
1. Pamper yourself – take a nap, have an extra cup of coffee, your favorite chocolate bar, another few minutes in the shower. Just spend more time for yourself. You deserve it!
2. Check on your friends – quick Zoom or video call? Or sure, make it a little longer than quick. Catch up, say hello, show off your new graying hair. Show and tell.
3. Pick up that book – are you a book lover but never found time to start on that new novel? Well, today is the day. A few pages, a chapter. Reading transports you. Allow yourself that.
4. Meditate – simply closing your eyes and letting your mind wander and relax may be a form of meditation. Find a corner, light a candle, put on soothing music. Meditation involves even just five minutes of mind-clearing, focusing on your breathing, or counting, or nothing at all.
5. Do Stress Management – Galini by Neeuro is a Measurable Relaxation and Stress Management Solution where one gets to relax and calm down since it offers a variety of relaxation activities that bring you to a mindful state.
Together with the Neeuro SenzeBand 2, a portable and low-powered headband, equipped with electroencephalogram (EEG) sensors that tracks an individual’s brain waves, the Galini app gives real-time feedback to users even with a 15-minute session, thereby improving mental well-being and lessen the fatigue that we experience. The EEG sensors provide real-time tracking of our brain waves, providing optimal relaxation and mindfulness that help us achieve peace and clarity of mind.
Going to a fully relaxed and meditative mode through Galini is perfectly welcome! As we create ripples as women, let us celebrate our fellow women who #breakthebias especially on International Women’s Day.
To know more about Galini by Neeuro, click here.