Children who can focus well have the best potential to succeed later in life. In order to do so, they will need to exercise and develop their cognitive skills over time to reap the benefits academically, and as well as in later life. Focus improvement entails exercising the executive function, found in the front of the brain. Executive function skills act as a type of air traffic control system, managing one time and resources. But, how do we keep them engaged in training their focus?
Focus Improvement Exercises for Children
Focus is not too difficult to attain, especially at a younger age. Through focus improvement exercises, children can easily regain undivided attention on a task.
- Exercising the body is absolutely advisable as it reconnects mind and body coordination which is highly relevant in focus improvement.
- Another exercise for your child’s focus is reading. Not only is reading helpful in keeping your memory sharp, but it enhances focus especially when you read slowly since comprehension of the material is a must. Memorization is also important and requires extreme attention and time. Try memorizing a story, a song, or a poem to exercise your focus!
- Meditation is another way to exercise focus improvement. Meditation assists your mind to achieve peace and rethink daily routines.
Focus Improvement Games for Children
Do you know that games can assist your child in enhancing their focus? Board games are good for focus improvement but it’s never too late to start now. You can choose from these top three traditional games for your focus improvement goals:
- Chess – is good as it uses a timer that mandates full attention for every movement, teaches strategizing, and application of tactical movements to capture the opponent’s King piece.
- Monopoly – It’s time to let them learn to budget while improving their focus through this simulation game!
- Scrabble – concentration is a must when deciding what word to form from the tiles you have, and also to leverage on the vocabulary that you have. It’s the perfect memory enhancer that assists focus improvement without time pressure.
Focus Improvement Games for Children
- Teach them to Jot Down Critical Tasks
By writing down tasks for the day, it will be easier for children to know what to do each time. In essence, they have homework or book review to finish.
- Taking ample vitamins and minerals
Being healthy is still key to any goal. Proper nutrition is a scientifically proven way to maintain cognitive health for increased brain performance and focus.
- Step Away from Distracting Activities
Teach your children to manage time properly and avoid spending too much time on distracting activities. This will help them develop discipline over time.
Your Child’s Focus Improvement Tool is just a Download Away!
Neeuro’s Memorie app is one of the most popular focus improvement apps on the digital platform today. Try having fun with your children playing the Memorie app – the game infused with several brain focus improvement exercises and excitement!
Looking for a Focus Improvement Curriculum? Explore NeeuroFIT for Children!
With years of development and collaboration with renowned research institutes and professionals, we have created modern and fun learning solutions to give your child a head start for a sharper mind.
Cognitive functions help with everyday life, especially in school. Having higher processing skills like attention and memory aid in a better performance in areas that require high logical processing like Mathematics.
Enhance cognitive abilities with NeeuroFIT for Children, a range of programs that include workshops, health talks, and brain training sessions.